TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following are the terms and conditions for use of this website operated by Conways Sligo Bookshop Ltd t/a Sligoschoolbooks.ie (“Sligoschoolbooks.ie”) or any Internet site to which the Website is linked (the “Website”). This Website is for use by people who are 18 years and over only.
No contract will subsist between you and Sligoschoolbooks.ie for a sale to you of any product or service unless and until Sligoschoobooks.ie accepts your order by e-mail confirming that it has dispatched your order or that your order is ready for collection. That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time Sligoschoolbooks.ie sends the e-mail to you (whether or not you receive that e-mail).
PRICE OF GOODS
The price listed on the Website (the “Price”) for Sligoschoolbooks.ie products (the “Products”) will be as stipulated at the time when you place your order on the website. We are entitled to make adjustments to the Price to take account of any increase in our suppliers’ prices, or the imposition of any new taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission the Price for the Products on the Website is wrong.
Occasionally, Sligoschoolbooks will run discount codes in newsletters or through third parties. The following terms and conditions apply to all discount code offers, unless otherwise stated in the promotion:
- Promo codes only apply to products purchased on sligoschoolbooks.ie.
- Discounts codes are not valid in any other store
- Discount offers exclude postage.
- Offer cannot be used with any other promotion.
- Only one discount code or online offer can be used per order.
- We reserve the right to cancel any order, or withdraw/extend any promotions at our discretion.
- Discount codes must be entered in the Promotional code box in the basket.
- All offers are time bound, expiry dates specified. All offers end at midnight unless specified otherwise.
- Minimum spends may apply and will be stated in the promotion.
We will endeavour to deliver the Products to you within 1 – 5 working days of your Account order within the island of Ireland, where this is practical. However, Products are subject to availability and delays may sometimes occur that are outside of our control. Any dates specified for delivery are therefore approximate only. If delivery is delayed for more than 21 days, you have the right to contact us and refuse to accept the Products. In these circumstances, we will refund any money paid by you for those Products and any delivery monies you have been charged. However, we will not be responsible for any other losses, costs, damages or charges that you may suffer if we delay in supplying or do not supply those Products. At the time of delivery you may be required to validly sign-off on the delivery of the Products, after which time the Products become your sole responsibility.
Refunds can only be applied to the original method of purchase.
WEBSITE: USE & SECURIT
You are entirely responsible for any and all activities in your use of the site. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorised use or any other breach of security.
WEBSITE: PRIVACY & DATA USE
All personal data is stored for the use of handling orders only and will never be passed on to third parties. All data is stored securely according to PCI requirements behind a firewall.
WEBSITE & USE
You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations and are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under your usage, including the content of your transmissions through the Website. All information, designs, drawings and other specifications provided on the Website are the exclusive property of Sligoschoolbooks.ie. Any copying, transmission or re-transmission of the same requires the prior written approval of Sligoschoolbooks.ie.
We reserve the right at all times to place advertisements and promotions on the Website. Advertisers and sponsors on the Website are solely responsible for complying with all local, national, state and international laws (where relevant) and we exclude all liability howsoever caused there from.
When you purchase online, you have a statutory right to return a product (other than perishable produce or a special order) up to 7 days after your order has been delivered (cooling off period). We can change or cancel an order up until it is dispatched. If the order has been dispatched, you can return the Product to us and we will organise a refund (excluding delivery cost). Any breakages or damage must be reported within 24 hours of purchase/delivery.
ACCORDANCE WITH SPECIFICATION
Many of the Products are of a technical nature and it is not practical to publish detailed specifications of all the Products and keep specifications completely up to date. All descriptive matter, drawings, pictures, colours, specifications and advertising on the Website are for the sole purpose of giving an approximate description of the Products.
If any manuals or safety instructions are provided with the Products, you agree to read and follow carefully all the terms contained therein at all times. Any information contained on the Website is not meant to be comprehensive and if you are inexperienced in using the Products or are unsure of your abilities, you should always seek expert advice and assistance.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
The information contained in the Website is for information purposes only and, although we have made every effort to ensure the correctness of the information contained herein, the information available through the Website is provided “as is” and “as available” and without warranties or conditions of any kind either express or implied. We do not warrant or represent that the use or the results of the use of the materials available through the Website or from third parties will be correct, accurate timely, reliable or otherwise. We accept no liability in relation to any of the above other than as may be provided for under your statutory rights.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall we be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of or the inability to use the Website, any changes to the Website, any material or data sent or received or not sent or received or for any of the above–mentioned damages that result from the use or inability to use the Products. In no circumstances shall our liability and that of our suppliers to you and/or any third parties for any of the above exceed €200.
PROPRIETARY RIGHTS TO CONTENT
You acknowledge that content, including but not limited to text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, graphics or other material contained in either sponsor advertisements or email–distributed, commercially produced information presented to you by the Website, by us, or our advertisers or other content providers, is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws.
MODIFICATION OF TERMS
We may terminate the Website with or without cause at any time and effective immediately. In addition, we, in our sole discretion, may terminate your Account for violation of the letter or spirit of these terms and conditions.
BOOKLIST UPLOADER TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The store will endeavour to complete the order within 5 working days. From time to time this may take longer depending on availability of books from publishers.
- Once the order is picked and completed the customer will receive an email with an itemised breakdown of their order and the balance outstanding.
- The balance is to be paid at least 7 days from the date of the email confirming the completed order. Payment can be completed either in store upon collection or in advance of delivery via payment link.
- If payment is not received within 7 days we will assume the customer no longer wants the order.
- In the interests of social distancing, at peak periods a time slot for collection of the order will be pre-arranged with the customer.
- If a customer is unable to collect in store, we can deliver to anywhere in Sligo or Leitrim although a delivery charge will apply.
- Please do not write on, cover or mark your books until your child returns to school. Sometimes mistakes happen. One of our team members may have accidentally picked the wrong book or the school may have inadvertently put the wrong book on the list! If this happens we are more than happy to facilitate an exchange but we can only do so if the book is unmarked.